The start of the pandemic is not the only sad anniversary in March for public sector workers.
On March 31, 2021 we will have been without a collective agreement for a year.
A year that the government kept repeating how public servants are our guardian angels, essential workers, dedicated people we can always count on.
One year that the pretty words of the CAQ government ring false.
All public sector union organizations are mobilizing together to underline this sad anniversary. All EMSB unions are in this together too!
Let’s remind the government that actions speak louder than words.
ON MARCH 31 LET’S SOUND THE ALARM
- Share the attached posters with as many co-workers as you can!
- Gather outside for 15 minutes between shifts, before and after school and during lunch break. Make sure it doesn’t interfere with your working hours. Coordinate with teachers and caretakers in your school to come up with the best times to make noise TOGETHER! PLEASE FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDELINES
- Wear your blue CSN T-SHIRTS, BANDANAS and APPA TUQUES!
- Carry signs that say WE’RE SOUNDING THE ALARM! ONE YEAR WITHOUT A COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT!
- Bring something with you that makes NOISE!
- Nominate a co-worker to take pictures or a 30 second video of your demonstration and send it to Andrea Di Tomaso, Interim Mobilization Coordinator at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will post them all on our new APPA-EMSB Facebook Page (facebook.com/appaemsb)!