The APPA reimburses certain expenses for its members who are regular employees for studies, retraining or upgrading skills, professional improvement and conventions and seminars through the Professional Improvement Committee.
Employees Eligibile for Funding
- Regular employees, including those on probation, who are APPA members, employed on a full-time or part-time basis;
- Regular employees, including those on probation, who may be on a part-time or full-time leave with or without salary.
Temporary employees (Chapter 2-0.00 of the collective agreement) and employees whose working conditions are governed by Chapter 10-0.00 are not eligible for the funding provided by the Professional Improvement Committee, except when specifically indicated.
Expenses incurred for studies in the categories below may be reimbursed to eligible employees. Please refer to the PIC Committee Booklet for additional information on procedures, application time-limits and required documents.
- Part-time studies, tuition fees up to a maximum of $970.00 per year.
- Full-time studies, tuition fees up to a maximum of $1,500.00 per year.
- Office systems technology training maximum of $400 per year.
- Language skills courses maximum of $400 per year.
- Non-credit courses maximum of $400 per year.
- RAC evaluation process and any course taken up to a maximum of $500 per year.
- First-aid certification for Chapter 10 employees up to a maximum of $100 every 3 years.
Courses organized on the basis of specific needs (made-to-measure).
- The amount to be reimbursed is determined based on the number of eligible APPA members in relation to the total number of participants up to a maximum amount of $600.
- Registration fees up to a maximum of $200.
- Return trip using public transportation up to a maximum of $125, if the distance is more than 60 km from Montreal.
- When driving a personal vehicle, kilometres will be paid at the rate of 0.54$ (unaccompanied) and 0.59$ (car-pooling) per kilometer, if the distance is more than 60 km from Montreal.
- Accommodation fees up to a maximum of $100, per day, if the distance is more than 60 km from Montreal;
- Meal expenses up to a maximum of $50 per day, if the distance is more than 60 km from Montreal.
Funding will be accorded on a first-come-first-serve basis. Should the budget be depleted within a given school year, no more requests for that school year will be accepted.
The Professional Improvement Committee does not reimburse the following expenses:
- Entrance fees to student associations.
- Membership fees for professional associations and/or orders.
- Instructional materials such as textbooks or equipment.
- Entrance exam fees.
|PIC Booklet (FR)||180.14 KB||65||27-09-2012||DownloadPreview|
|PIC Booklet (EN)||269.89 KB||24||27-09-2017||DownloadPreview|
|PIC Application Form (FR)||143.04 KB||21||27-09-2012||DownloadPreview|
|PIC Application Form (EN)||177.38 KB||40||27-09-2019||DownloadPreview|